Friday 9th November, 12.30pm
Chepstow Books & Gifts
We are delighted to welcome Geraint Thomas to Chepstow on Friday 9th November to sign copies of his new book The Tour According to G: My Journey to the Yellow Jersey.
For years Geraint appeared blessed with extraordinary talent but jinxed at the greatest bike race in the world: twice an Olympic gold medallist on the track, Commonwealth champion, yet at the Tour de France a victim of crashes, bad luck and his willingness to sacrifice himself for his team-mates. In the summer of 2018, that curse was blown away in spectacular fashion - from the cobbles of the north and the iconic mountain climbs of the Alps to the brutal slopes of the Pyrenees and, finally, the Champs-Elysees in Paris. As a boy, G had run home from school on summer afternoons to watch the Tour on television. This July, across twenty-one stages and three weeks, and under constant attack from his rivals, he made the race his own.
With insight from the key characters around Geraint, this is the inside story of one of the most thrilling and heart-warming tales in sport.
Not only can nice guys come first - they can win the biggest prize of all.
Terms and conditions:
- Purchase here will give you a posted copy of "The Tour According to G" on publication (1st November) which you will need to bring to the signing to be signed
- The event will start promptly at 12:30pm and finish at 1.30pm
- To avoid disappointment, we advise you not to arrive any later than the signing start time
- We will operate on a first come first served basis. Due to time constraints we cannot guarantee that everyone who joins the queue will get a signed copy of the book
- A member of staff will be on hand to take a picture for you. Selfie style pictures may not be possible on this occasion
- There will not be an official photographer present at the event
- Geraint will only be signing copies of The Tour According to G purchased from Chepstow Books & Gifts with a receipt, and WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO SIGN MERCHANDISE
We Also Recommend